Together, we can help homeless and low-income women get the feminine hygiene products they need. There are several equally important ways you can proudly contribute towards eliminating the Period Problem:
DONATE TO PROJECT PIXIE
Whether it’s fifty dollars, a single tampon or a pallet of the same, every donation counts. And each one of your donations make for happy women who, despite their economic status, can have fresh, clean periods. And for a woman or girl who is challenged to make ends meet, this can mean the world. There are several ways you can help:
1) Make an electronic individual monetary donation to Project Pixie and help continue our efforts to help women in need ‘DONATE’.
2) We accept pads, tampons, wipes, washcloths, painkiller packets, chocolate, and all sizes of cotton underwear, including depends and loose diapers. We will also accept toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant, soap, lotion and socks.
3) Donate directly to Project Pixie by purchasing feminine care items from our Amazon Wishlist
4) Donate feminine care items in your neighborhood at a number of locations throughout Union County, NJ and the Greater Philadelphia area – see the full list here.
A wonderful way to support Project Pixie’s mission is to host a Pixie Drive. A Pixie drive is a great community service project for your school, business, civic group, neighborhood or faith organization. Every product you collect and every dollar you raise will make a major impact in the lives of women every month. Email us to get started and receive a Pixie Drive Toolkit EMAIL US; Subject (if applicable): I’m Interested in Hosting a Pixie Drive.
Whether you can commit a few hours a week or one day a month, there’s no shortage of ways you can help use your creativity, time, skills, and passion to take an active role in fundraising, distributing, donating or spreading awareness of Project Pixie and the period problem. Join our team to receive a registration form and news of upcoming volunteer opportunities to click here
If you have a little time and a little space to spare, Project Pixie is looking for volunteers to serve as Pixie Partner Drop-off Site Ambassadors to help secure much needed feminine care products; and help spread the word of this important work by sharing our mission in your communities. Review the full Project Pixie Ambassador Program description here or email us for more information.
Asking your guests to donate pads, tampons, wipes, or cotton underwear in lieu of gifts is a great way to give back and a wonderful gesture in honor of the special event. Start a virtual Pixie drive or enlist your friends and colleagues in a social fundraising drive to benefit Project Pixie.
Did you know that 40 states apply a “luxury tax” to feminine care products? Help raise awareness about the period problem in your town and improve conditions for women in need by:
- Downloading our online toolkit of educational information, flyers, templates of letters to write to Congress, and other materials to help you get started as a community advocate.
- Signing your name in support of the “Stop Taxing Our Periods” Petition to have this tax eliminated for good!
- Joining us on social media to become part of a community of Project Pixie supporters, volunteers, and donors who, like you, are interested in helping to make this world a little better place... one good deed at a time.